Trail Mix, Inc. is currently hiring trail crew and trail crew lead positions for its upcoming 2017 season. Trail Mix is a non-profit organization in Juneau, Alaska that works closely with local, state, and federal agencies to develop and maintain a trail system in the City & Borough of Juneau.
Trail work provides an exciting opportunity to work outdoors as part of a team to accomplish trail projects that facilitate the access and enjoyment of public trails. The work can be both physically and mentally demanding, but ultimately very rewarding.
GENERAL CREW MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the crew leader, construct and maintain trails using both traditional hand tools (rakes, shovels, Pulaskis, grub hoes, mattocks, etc.) and mechanized equipment (brushers, chain saws, small earth-moving machines, etc.) as well as other tools necessary for trail projects.
- Under the direction of the crew leader, construct related structures such as retaining walls, stairs, turnpike, water bars, switchbacks, culverts, etc.
- Perform physical labor for extended periods in frequently adverse weather conditions.
- Push, pull, and lift heavy objects as well as walk long distances over rugged terrain.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to fulfill crew member responsibilities.
- General hands-on work experience is useful.
- Above all else, a positive attitude and the willingness to learn.
Crew Member – $14.50 (Depending on Experience)
Crew Leader – $19/hr (Depending on Experience)
Typical seasons are May-October, but start and end dates are flexible.
Please apply by emailing a resume and application to:
or mailing to:
Trail Mix, Inc.
P.O. Box 35693